We had a fabulous time at the Cow Caper Festival at South Mountain Creamery on Saturday. The rain meant we couldn't do the hay ride this year but I did get to pet the baby calves and ride on the cool tractors inside the barn. As you can see, I got some "help" from my friend Anna to make some butter. We had to shake it for 30 minutes! (Luckily mom and dad gave me some real help.) I also got to practice milking a cow. That was hard work, too! And we went on the "Moo to You" tour this year where the dairy manager took us in the milking barn and to see the place where they bottle the milk. I was surprised it was such a small operation, especially when I learned that they have 6,000 home delivery customers! We even saw Mr. Kirby, our milk delivery man, though I almost didn't recognize him without his uniform or his truck. And of course no trip to the creamery is complete without some ice cream. Yum!
Babies
-
Jack: I wish I could come with you instead of going to school.
Tara: You wouldn't have very much fun; it's just a lot of babies.
Jack: I like babies.
Tara: ...
13 years ago
4 comments:
Hi Jack,
What a busy day on the farm, so much to keep a young guy's attention. I see you found out it is easier to eat butter than to make butter. Then on to the cow milking, or was that bucket milking? On to the driving that great Farmall tractor, which would be the most interesting thing for your grandpa. Top the whole day off with ice cream and you have a factastic day for the Jackster.
Thanks for the great pix and keeping us all up-to-date on the the life and times of Jack Lemerise.
Love, YGUP.
Hi, Jack,
We were there too! Though, we go to the cow caper festival without any children so feel a little awkward. We brought Donna with us from your daddy's work, though, and she's kind of like a kid. Anyway, once we saw the baby cows, we didn't care either way. They're so cute!
I ended up shaking my butter so long that it turned back into whipping cream! Crazy!
One little boy, so many adventures! Glad to hear the rain didn't dampen the day. Perhaps when you head to the NE we can visit a Cape farm and compare notes.
Love from the sandy shores...
LOVE the second photo of making butter. that face is classic :)
Post a Comment