Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!







For the Fourth of July we went to a bar-b-que at Anne and Davis' house. I had a great time playing with Koen. We rode scooters in the driveway, blew bubbles, and enjoyed the fantastic playground right in their back yard. Aunt Amy's boyfriend Jamie helped me climb and I took rides on the slide with Koen's sister Aiyana. Even Nanny and Great Grandma Frysinger enjoyed the swings. I really enjoyed the sandbox! (Not quite as fantastic as the sand at the beach, but a pretty good substitute.) Jamie brought firecrackers and set off some great sparklers before Koen and I took a bath together. After such a big day of playing, I was way too tired to stay awake for the big fireworks display but I did see a few from the car on the ride home before I fell asleep. Hope you all had a great day, too!

2 comments:

Paul said...

Hi Jack,

Great pix of you having fun on the 4th of July. You really look like you are having a ball whenever I see photos of you in the sand, maybe you should have your mom and dad install a sandbox in the living room? They don’t really use the living room for important things, not like the kitchen, so it wouldn’t be a big problem. Tell them to at least consider it.

Here, the 4th of July is just another day, nothing to celebrate cause the Switzerland had already existed for about 500 years before 1776. But this year it happened to fall on Lake Parade Saturday, so there were lots of people dancing and having a good time around Lake Geneva. You would have had a good time, I know you like to dance and meet pretty girls, there were plenty of both on hand. Next year, for the 4th, try and pace yourself a bit and stay up for the fireworks, it’s worth it. And if you ever want to see the world’s biggest yearly fireworks display, it takes place right here on Lake Geneva for the Fête de Genève – that’s in August. You know you have an open invitation, complete with plane ticket, though I can’t promise to send you back.

Love, YGUP.

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool set up there and judgine from your look of bliss in the bathtub, water is as much your element as the sand! Looking forward to when you're old enough to do the Bubblemakers and dive with us :). Love, Tante