Sunday, May 31, 2009

Morning at the zoo



Mom and I convinced Dad to take a break from his schoolwork and come to the zoo with us this morning. We got there early today so all the animals were very active and we had the whole place to ourselves, including some great spots to watch the elephants in action. We even watched the zookeepers give one elephant a bath! The pandas were eating, and the sea lions were doing tricks. I got a huge kick out of the armadillo. As I was peeking in his house, he popped out and made me jump ten feet in the air! That was very funny after I got over being startled. We also watched a mama duck and her ducklings. One of the baby turtles was following the mama duck as if he were a duckling. That was very funny, too. It was a great trip to the zoo, as usual, and I especially enjoyed the soft serve ice cream cones after lunch. Yum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it looks like Jack has had another exciting weekend checking out the creatures on the other side of the glass and fences. Dad is pretty lucky to have a break that lead to an ice cream treat.

We headed to the beach for a brief break today. A crab was grabbing grandpa's toes as we braved the chilly water. Not far away was a horseshoe crab meandering into deeper water. And on the beach, a pair of crows strutted about and kept the seagulls away.

When you head this way in a couple of weeks, we will have to compare sea and zoo animals. I hope you are getting your backpack ready to go.

Love from the sandy shores...

Paul said...

Hi Jack,
Another fun-filled weekend in the life of the amazing Jack. At first I thought you were rubbing noses with the elephant but then I realized it was only the angle of the camera and that you were well back from the cage. I heard a story that your grandpa Ken rode on a elephant at Franklin Park, in Boston, when he was little – I was too little to remember but was told this later in life. On a side note, that same elephant ran amok and stomped on someone a couple years later…what a gruesome story to tell a 2-year-old. You know, when I was a kid, I was at the zoo all the time, we called it our house – it really was a zoo at times.
This is yet another three-day weekend for us here in Europe, I wonder what tant Jenna is doing? Oh yeah, she is on a trip to Italy with friends, Jenna is much more adventurous than I am; all I have planned is a good run along the shores of Lake Geneva.
Remember that you are a lucky guy to have parents who take time out to bring you to the zoo, then bring you back often, even if they have lots of important things to do. But then, nothing is more important than young Jack.
Love, YGUP.

Anonymous said...

Jack- what an exciting weekend! The animals at the zoo are pretty exotic, don't suppose you'll find them on a farm nearby. Cool that your rents take you to such places. Hope you treated them to the icecream as a thank you ;). Love, Tante