

I had a great 2nd birthday party!

Even though I won't officially be 2 until March 10, we celebrated on Saturda

y. It's hard to say which was my favorite part of the party. Balloons,

hats, presents, and a chocolate happy cake with sprinkles and candles. What more could I ask for? We sang "happy birthday" at least five times throughout the party. I helped put the sprinkles and the candles on the cake and I definitely blew out the candles more than once. The ballons were pretty fantastic. I carried them around with me all afternoon. Ran through them and played ring-around-the-rosie with them. As if the ballons weren't great enough, I got some excellent new books from Aunt Amy, and this new Thomas set from Nanny that I totally love. Grammy and Pappy got me Thomas' road crew friends, including a bucket truck just like Pappy drives! I got a new matching game from my Great Aunt Peg and Great Uncle Denny that I sat down to play right away, as you can see from the picture. And I can't wait for Gram and Great Aunt Gail and Stephen's gift to arrive - a subscription to National Geographic Kids. I hear there are more presents on the way. You know how much I love getting mail! Hooray for birthdays!
4 comments:
Hi Jack,
I was surprised to see the photos of your birthday party on the web this morning, I didn’t know your mom and dad had the event planned two days early. I guess that makes sense, as it allows more people to come from further away, increasing the number of cool things you get to unwrap and keep forever. And what’s up with all those candles, I think you are cheating just a bit. But hey, why not, if two is good, twelve is better – you need to be care with applying that logic to everything in life, it sure has gotten me in trouble over the years…
It’s hard to believe that you are two already, you are growing like a weed – that’s just something that old people like me say, it really doesn’t mean that you are planted in the garden. But you are getting bigger each time there is a blog post, I’ll bet you’ll be riding your bike and snowboarding and swimming in the ocean in the very near future. When you get a bit bigger you can get your great uncle Rich and Richie to show you how to surf, the Cape is a good place to learn before you go on to Diamond Head.
So, happy birthday to you, from across the ocean. I plan to mail your card tomorrow, on your birthday, which means you can look forward to getting at least one more thing in the mail, sent especially to Jack.
Love, YGUP.
It looks like your party turned out to be pretty amazing. I imagine with all those phenomenal presents many of your "regulars" will go into retirement for a bit.
Is Dad going to get his own cake later this week? Maybe you can show him how to blow out candles, open presents, and share the balloons.
Love from the sandy shores...
Happy Birthday Jack Jack! Being two is great!
Hi Jack-It looks like your party was quite a success.It seems like you were a baby just a short time a go and suddenly your a young boy.Two years old,and many new things to discover.One of the great things about growing up in a big family was we had many birthdays to celebrate.It looks like you had no problem blowing out all those candles.Let's hope this coming year brings many new fun adventures.Hope to see you soon,love Grandpa
Post a Comment