Monday, March 10, 2008

Officially 1 and sick, sick, sick



Oh, my, it is no fun to be sick on your birthday. I have a terrible stomach flu - I can't keep any food in my tummy. The doctor says it might take 10 days for it to go away! Argh. Well in between "episodes" I found some time to rake the carpet and I was definitely a man on a mission with my little push toy. I always manage to get stuck on that step, though... Well sick or not, I'm getting so good with my walking, that I can walk with the help of only one hand. That frees up my other hand for my favorite monkey - especially important since I'm not feeling well. Last week the weather was so warm, we even practiced walking outside! I did have to make few stops to check out the twigs and pebbles, but we almost made it the whole way to the mailbox! Anyway, don't worry, Koen, I'm definitely working on walking by Easter so I can find those eggs with you!

Love,
Jack

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're sick Jack! I was thinking about you on your birthday yesterday! Atleast you got your party and your cake before the bug hit! :)

Love,
Jami

Anonymous said...

Raking the yard, just like your Grampa Lemerise. Careful or he'll put you to work at the Cape! Love, Tante Jenna

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! Sorry to hear that you are sick!!! I will hold your hand and help you walk to get the eggs!!!! That is what cousins/best friends are for....a helping hand....that is what my mom tells me!!!! Love you, Koen

Anonymous said...

Does that mean you won't get to share in any of your Dad's birthday celebration?

Hope you are feeling better real soon.

Love from the sandy shores...

Paul said...

Hi Jack,
Wishing you and your dad a happy birthday; hope you beat the flu and are back to feeling tip top [that is a favourite expression here] before too long.
Keep those great photos coming, you're the best!
YGUP